A. No. If you are taking the class online, only credit or debit cards are accepted for the DUI Class. If you are taking the class in person, you can prepay for your class prior to your scheduled class using Paypal or you can pay with Cash or Money Order the day of the class.
A. Yes, Nevada law requires that the 8 hour class be broken into (2) 4 hour sessions. To be completed at least one week apart.
A. You may request a 30-day extension, but you will be required to pay the $150.00 extension fee to continue. To obtain an extension, please contact us immediately at 702-308-7414.
A. You may request to be put on a payment plan. In order to qualify for the payment plan, you must pay at least 50% of the class fee. IMPORTANT
A. Yes. Smart Choices offers Anger Management, Alcohol & other Drug classes, and Traffic School.
A. Smart Choices is required to keep your files for five years, before being destroyed. You will receive completion documentation at the end of your course. Only current client files are kept at our Central Office location.
A. All clients must have the following information to get an additional copy of completion Certificate.
There is a $10.00 fee for additional copies of completion paperwork. To request an additional copy, please contact us at email@example.com.
A. YES, if you received your DUI in NV. Smart Choices will send a copy of your completion form to the Court.
A. For more information about the DUI process, visit the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles.
1. I received my DUI in another state. Will you inform them once I complete the program requirements?
It is the client’s responsibility to provide the certificate of completion to that state unless a transfer has occurred.
2. Do I have to have an evaluation if the Court has already sent me for an evaluation?
DHSMV requires approved education and evaluation components of the DUI program, this is likely different than the evaluation the Court has sent you for.
3. Why is a DUI course required when my arrest was for drug charges and I wasn't driving?
Nevada statues require the DUI program for persons convicted of driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
4. Can I split the classes to fit my schedule rather than taking them exactly as they are offered?
Classes must be taken in the sequence offered.
5. Once I complete the DUI requirements, do I need to take my completion certificate to the Department of Motor Vehicles?
Yes, if you are seeking a driving privilege.
6. Are there any hidden costs that I need to be made aware of?
All our fees are posted on our Registration Page. If referred to treatment, the agencies providing treatment will charge a fee.
7. Where do I obtain the documents needed for registration?
You may obtain documents from the Court in the county in which the offense occurred. In Clark County the telephone number to the Las Vegas Justice Court is (702) 671-3478. Arresting law enforcement agency may also be a resource for information.
8. When do I get my completion certificate?
You will receive a certificate of completion after completing both the education and evaluation components of the program.